Cleaning Best Practices from P&G
Procter & Gamble
“Effective cleaning maximizes the physical removal of unwanted germs like the Swine Flu virus when appropriate cleaning agents and application methods are used. When performed frequently, the risk of spreading infectious germs is greatly reduced.
- Use EPA-registered disinfectants or cleaning/disinfectant products like Spic and Span®Disinfecting All-Purpose Spray and Glass Cleaner.
- Thoroughly clean surfaces that are touched by the hands. For example, doorknobs, light switches, elevator buttons, and handrails. These “hot spots” should be disinfected at least three times daily.*
- Launder or replace potentially contaminated cleaning cloths and sponges between cleanings.
- Wear appropriate protective equipment that includes gloves and splash protection for the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Encourage hand washing by frequently renewing bathroom supplies like soap, paper towels, and hand sanitizers.”