October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
As many of you know, October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
NBCAM was founded in 1985, to help promote awareness of the disease and to raise funds for research into its cause, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure. The American Cancer Society estimates by the end of the year more than 221,000 women and men will be diagnosed with breast cancer.
Did You Know?
- 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women worldwide.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 220,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
- Although breast cancer is rare in men, an estimated 2,150 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 410 will die each year.
The more information that is shared, the more individuals will know about this disease and prevention. Help us spread the word!
RJ Schinner is proud to share that Cascades Paper is continuing it’s crusade to raise funds for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation with Pink Hand Towels, now through June 30th, 2016. They will be donating $0.50/case sold, with a minimum donation of $5,000 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Click here for a PDF flyer explaining Cascades Pink Hand Towels/BCRF initiative. Or go to www.afh.cascades.com/pink
National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc.
Check out nationalbreastcancer.org for more information on National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, including information on the disease, how to detect and treat it, special programs of the National Breast Cancer Foundation, and more ways you can help the cause.© Copyright 2015 Kathryn Turner, All rights Reserved. Written For: DSR Sales Support Blog